A thread to lose weight, and see a healthier version of me, v2021.6?. This is inspired from closely following Priyanka and Jason
In the ending months of 2020, I started with regularly doing a form of excercise be it skipping, walking, or HIIT. This has helped me lower the rest heartbeat which had increased to a high of >95. Now, after 3 months it’s down to staying in the 70 range. Somedays even staying in the 65-70 range.
To explain the jargons:
hw: highest weight
sw: starting weight
cw: current weight
gw: goal weight
hf: highest fat %
sf: starting fat %
cf: current fat %
gf: goal fat %
The log will be updated weekly with the latest first. Incase you want to start from the beginning, jump here
For daily updates, check the daily fitness log
Ok, lets start.
- hw: 81.55 kgs (04/01/2021) - sw: 81.55 kgs (04/01/2021)
- hf: 24 - sw: 20.2
March 23, 2021
- cw: 74.20 kgs (23/03/2021) - gw1: 78 kgs ✔️ - gw2: 75 kgs ✔️ - gw3: 73 kgs - gw4: 70 kgs
- cw: 20.2 (23/03/2021) - gf1: 20 - gf2: 19 - gf3: 18 - gf4: 17 - gf5: 16 - gf6: 15
Update after a long time. March was mostly keeping the weight constant. I dropped only a kilo over the month, which was deliberately. The next step would be to drop the fat percentage so I’m planning to track the same.
March 1, 2021
- cw: 75.15 kgs (01/03/2021) - gw1: 78 kgs ✔️ - gw2: 75 kgs - gw3: 73 kgs - gw4: 70 kgs - gw5: 67 kgs
We are at another milestone! 8th week of tracking daily and weekly. There were a lot of ups and downs. But this time it feels like Jan was soooo long back, and I started so long back. Feels like ages.
I completed 100kms walk this month and bunch of challenges on Connect (Badges! for win)
Some other thoughts, I bought two tshirts few months back which were tight as hell. The t-shirts were pricey and I was not sure if I was doing the right decision.
Yesterday, I wore the tshirts and they were a beautiful fit. These small things really make you happy and helps attaining the “Love for Boredom”.
Today I feel like Goals are overrated, Journeys are underrated. There should be perfect balance between them.
pats on the back again
Let’s see what awaits next month but as I said last month, every small milestones needs celebrations! :')
March here I come. You are going to be tough!
February 22, 2021
- cw: 76.60 kgs (22/02/2021) - gw1: 78 kgs ✔️ - gw2: 75 kgs - gw3: 73 kgs - gw4: 70 kgs - gw5: 67 kgs
Nope, Nope! Pretty tough week. I was forcing myself to do things, though I did hit 8 kms walk in between. My vO2 max went down. I’m planning to change a couple of things, you can see more in the future logs.
But I’m happy because this is the first time I’ve hit 76ish since the beginning. Last week of the month. Hope to enter 75 bracket.
February 15, 2021
- cw: 77.70 kgs (15/02/2021) - gw1: 78 kgs ✔️ - gw2: 75 kgs - gw3: 73 kgs - gw4: 70 kgs - gw5: 67 kgs
A late update on (22/02/2021). The week was good, but since it’s a late update I don’t recall anything.
February 08, 2021
- cw: 78.70 kgs (08/02/2021) - gw1: 78 kgs - gw2: 75 kgs - gw3: 73 kgs - gw4: 70 kgs - gw5: 67 kgs
First increase in the weekly log. Could not help this week. I though I could manage, and almost did, I was at 77ish on Sunday. I ended up having a invitation on Sunday at I was bombarded with food.
4 days of this week was us partying, so this is kind of acceptable.
Let’s see what the next week holds for me.
February 01, 2021
- cw: 77.35 kgs (01/02/2021) - gw1: 78 kgs ✔️ - gw2: 75 kgs - gw3: 73 kgs - gw4: 70 kgs - gw5: 67 kgs
Milestone! Milestone! Milestone!.
- Achieved first goal weight of 78 kgs
- Completed January Walking Challenge with 130 kms
- Body age down to 28
- And 4 weeks of tracking daily.
- Some technical, cleared CKA.
pats on the back
Let’s see what awaits next month but as it is said, every small milestones needs celebrations! :') Super happy
January 25, 2021
- cw: 78.15 kgs (25/01/2021) - gw1: 78 kgs - gw2: 75 kgs - gw3: 73 kgs - gw4: 70 kgs - gw5: 67 kgs
A good week of fun, though I’m guilty of not exercising daily towards the end, and partying over the week (controlled one). In the beginning of the week, I was dropping quick, as low as 77.7 kgs. Good thing about that is it is below my goal weight but ended the week with 78.15 kgs. Also, I’m trying to fix my diet, not by eating less. Actually I’ve been eating a lot, a lot, compared to what I was eating at the beginning of the journey. Though most of them are fruits, and veggies. Still 3rd week is too early to say about habits. Onwards to 4th week! Hopes are high to lose the first goal weight.
January 18, 2021
- cw: 79.30 kgs (18/01/2021) - gw1: 78 kgs - gw2: 75 kgs - gw3: 73 kgs - gw4: 70 kgs - gw5: 67 kgs
A mixed week. I was sick, but continued to exercise on a couple of days. I was dropping fast, to 78.70 kgs on Friday, so pulled to brakes and gave some time to the body to recover from fever as well as the fatigue from exercises. I’m not looking to drop fast in a unhealthy manner. Treated myself with a cheat day on Sunday. Third week! Here I come!
January 11, 2021
- cw: 80.05 kgs (11/01/2021) - gw1: 78 kgs - gw2: 75 kgs - gw3: 73 kgs - gw4: 70 kgs - gw5: 67 kgs
A good week. I’m down by 1.5 kgs, but since this is just the first week I’m not getting my expectations high. Hope to have a good second week.