The aim here is to read through the book and build the habit to spend some time to read through technical books everyday.
I’ll upload the notes from everyday, and after the finish of the chapter accumulate the notes into one.
November 16, 2021
I read through the introduction section of the Linux Device Driver book.
- Introduced on how device drivers are more about mechanism than policy.
- Difference between mechanism and policy
- Splitting the Kernel into process, memory, filesystems, network, and device control
- Loadable modules, (insmod & rmmod)
- Classes of Devices and modules (char, block and network)